[Kolab-devel] (solved) Re: Revision 576488 broken?: No service implementing DCOP/ResourceBackend/IMAP

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Aug 25 10:16:56 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 24. August 2006 16:36 schrieb David Faure:
> On Thursday 24 August 2006 14:31, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > kbuildsycoca helped
>
> Oh, I missed that part. Well if ksycoca didn't have Kontact.desktop then
> the trader query didn't work for a good reason.
>
> But this is still strange given that it shouldn't be necessary to run
> kbuildsycoca; KDE should notice changes to .desktop files by itself, either
> on startup or while kde is running (then it's kded watching those
> directories).
> This is a common problem however....
>
> One cause for breakage is when directory change notification is broken
> (just try in konqueror, open a directory there and remove or add a file
> from a console, see if konqueror refreshes).

David,
thanks for the explanations.
This will help when I run into the problem next time.
I think that this failure was caused by me starting a different konqueror from
KDE 3.5.4 over the usually used from KDE 3.3 (as I had mentioned).

I guess it would be really cool, if KDE had a nice document describing all
the connections, but this is asking a lot given that the documentation
of the Kolab Project also could be better.

Bernhard