[Kolab-devel] (solved) Re: Revision 576488 broken?: No service implementing DCOP/ResourceBackend/IMAP

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Thu Aug 24 16:32:37 CEST 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 14:31, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > kontact: WARNING: KDCOPServiceStarter: No service implementing DCOP/ResourceBackend/IMAP

Obviously an installation problem.
Check that you have a Kontact.desktop with ServiceTypes=DCOP/ResourceBackend/IMAP,DCOP/Mailer in it,
in your kde installation directory, and check that you have no Kontact.desktop in your kde home
(~/.kde or $KDEHOME) that would override that line.

The installed one should be in <kdeprefix>/share/applications/kde/Kontact.desktop

Check that Kontact appears in the K menu. If your menu configuration removes kontact completely,
this might be a problem since then Kontact.desktop would be unavailable to kde code...
Yeah I know, we're using desktop files for both menu and file associations, and this has
weird side effects when removing stuff from the menus...

Also check XDG_DATA_DIRS. If it's not empty and <kdeprefix>/share is not in it, then
all kde desktop files are simply not looked at, which would be a problem.

If all seems correct, try
  ktradertest DCOP/ResourceBackend/IMAP
and it should return one offer, kontact.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects