[Kolab-devel] [issue1371] source tarballs

Marcus Hüwe kolab-issues at intevation.de
Sat Aug 19 11:05:52 CEST 2006

New submission from Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux at gmx.de>:

What about providing "real" sources (e.g. tar.bz2) for the kolab snapshots?
At the moment there are only openpkg-src.rpms.
I attached 4 patches which have to be applied to the tarballs. This patches make
it easier to install kolab.

CVS-buildmechanism:
If you want to install for example kolab-webadmin from cvs you must have the
following dir structure:

kolabd/kolabd
kolab-webadmin/kolab-webadmin

because kolab-webadmin's bootstrap script expects the dist_conf/ dir in
"../../kolabd/kolabd". This is okey for CVS-builds but not for tarballs IMHO.

If you are going to install the tarballs (which include my patches) you don't
need such a dir-structure because you can specify a path to the dist_conf/ dir.

./configure --with-distpath=PATH_TO_THE_DIST_CONF_DIR

If the distpath is undefined the configure script expects the dist_conf dir in
"$(datadir)/kolab/"

If you accept these patches please apply them to the tarballs only _NOT_ to
cvs-head (because the current cvs-buildmechanism is more handy).

messages: 8250
nosy: mhuewe
priority: wish
status: unread