[Kolab-devel] Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] OpenPKG project diverges 2-STABLE branch

Andreas Micklei andreas.micklei at ivistar.de
Tue Aug 15 17:35:12 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 15. August 2006 16:08 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> Of course we should go onto this stable branch with the Kolab Server.
> The question is when?

IMHO better sooner than later.

During my spamassassin experiments (Network tests are running, plus ixhash,
still no pyzor, razor) I got some missing perl module RPMs from OpenPKG. This
would have been much simpler with a current version of OpenPKG. So OpenPGK
2.5. would be definitely a good thing to have.

> Kolab Server 2.1-beta2 is based on OpenPKG 2.5.
> We should consider to test an updated OpenLDAP as well,
> but we need a short path to a stable 2.1.0 release
> so the time to do experiments is limited of course.
>
> What do people think?
> Go for 2.1-rc1 with an updated OpenLDAP
> and then make 2.1.0 soon so people can migrate
> and then work on 2.1.1-beta1 for the update to OpenPKG 2-STABLE-20060622?

Sounds sensible to me.

regards,
Andreas Micklei