[Kolab-devel] Ldap DN, from cn=..,dc=.. to mail=..,dc=..?

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Tue Aug 1 15:33:52 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 12:46, Jorgen Hermanrud Fjeld wrote:
> Anyway, this can be changed later. I think a good first step is
> to use the mail=..,dc=.., solving a problem today, and then have an
> elaborate technical discussion about the most practical/best solution
> later.

This is more or less what Kolab server 2.1 already does for distribution lists
and shared folders.  They still use cn=...,dc=..., but the cn now contains
the domain.  For distribution lists the CN is now the email address and for
share folders the cn looks like an email-address (foldername at domain).
For normal accounts, nothing has changed, though.

   Bernhard