[Kolab-devel] Who runs kolabconf?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 13 13:39:38 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 13. April 2006 09:28 schrieb Torsten Irländer:
> On Wednesday, 12. April 2006 22:36, Daniel Coletti wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	I'm begining to see lots of problems using kolab
> > (kolab-server-2.1-beta-1 / OpenPKG version).
> > 	If I add another domain and right after that I create a new user with
> > that domain, I see multiple problems:
> > - If the user tries to get emails using IMAP I can't see the Sent/Trash
> > folders right away
> > - When this same user tries to send an email, my thunderbird can't copy
> > the email in the Sent folder (I asume that that the problem is that it
> > is not created)
> > - When I send mails to this new user the postfix answers "Command
> > output: Failed to set recipient: Invalid response code received from
> > server, code 550"
> >
> > If I run "kolabconf" by hand many of these problems disapear (specially
> > the 550 error code returned by postfix).
> >
> > My question is ... who runs kolabconf? or configures the services after
> > a new domain is entered at the admin web page?
>
> AFAIK kolabconf is triggered by LDAP as soon as it recognizes changes in
> its database. I case of changes on the configfiles by hand you will need to
> run kolabconf manually.

Yes, this is correct, kolabd runs kolabconf.
There was a bug that kolabd sometimes needed to be restarted to start doing
this.  Code 550 mean that your mailbox was not created which would be a
symptom if kolabd did not act on the change in the configuration.

You can search for this bug issue, bump debugging for kolabd and watch it
in syslog to further debug this.

--
www.kolab-konsortium.com  Professional Maintenance, Consultancy and Support.