[Kolab-devel] [issue1211] Problem with umlauts in KAddressBook edit field and on Palm

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Apr 10 17:29:33 CEST 2006

New submission from T. Ribbrock <admin_slox-e at itsef.com>:

kdepim3-sync-3.3.proko2.1-0 on SuSE 10.0 with Palm Tungsten E2

I have a couple of names on my Palm that contain umlauts or other special
characters. With the proko2.0.6 client, those got garbled at some point, so with
the advent of 2.1, I corrected all of those on the Palm again. After the next
sync, they showed up correctly in the KAddressBook list on the left hand side as
well as in the right hand panel. However, if I edit any of them, the umlauts
will not be displayed in the "Name" field of the edit dialog - instead, two
squares can be seen.

If I do it the other way round, i.e. create a new contact with a name with
umlaut on the PC, it also gets displayed correctly in KAddressBook, however,
when synching with the Palm, the umlauts are replaced by two garbage characters
on the Palm - and the last letter of the name is missing.

messages: 7147
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Problem with umlauts in KAddressBook edit field and on Palm
topic: kde client, kpilot