[Kolab-devel] transport and virtual table: which data has to be written in LDAP?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Apr 5 15:49:44 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 23. März 2006 09:41 schrieb Fabio Pietrosanti:
> I'm in the process of implementing a Kolab system without using the
> standard Kolab Web Admin Interface.
>
> I would like to take advantages of the feature that kolabconf have
> regarding the generation of postfix transport and virtual tables.
> For this reason i would like to know which data has to be written to the
> LDAP.

I think is replacement is pretty straight forward,
you can use any variables that get replaced in other files, too.
To get a definite answer you should look into the source code.
I do not think is is nicely documented.

> I also would like to discuss what's the consideration regarding doing
> dynamic transport table lookup instead of generating it trough kolabconf.

What do you mean by "dynamic" transport table lookup?
Kolab Server is already doing dynamic lookups, if you check main.cf.
You can just add more there, e.g. ldap and it is fine to use.
For tuning see the postfix documentation.
Still we can keep the regular file, too.