[Kolab-devel] Build Server for testing

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Wed Apr 5 11:32:17 CEST 2006

Noèl Köthe <noel at debian.org> writes:

> Am Dienstag, den 04.04.2006, 18:08 +0200 schrieb Bernhard Herzog:
>>       export PATH=/kolab/bin:$PATH
>>       cd $CVS/kolabd
>>       make dist
>
> Is it possible that you add the version verification step to this
> procedure to eliminate the problem of same versions of the tar.gz?
> See:
> http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/2006-January/004924.html

I agree that the version numbers of the tarballs in the rpms should
change when the contents of the tarballs change, but what exactly do you
want to happen? I don't think that the numbers should change everytime
someone runs "make dist".  Sometimes only the spec-file of the rpm
changes and sometimes only one of the tarballs chages.  Also, if more
people run a CVS version of kolab, error reporting may be more confusing
because they report version numbers that depend on how many times they
did "make dist".

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/