[Kolab-devel] Work for some volunteer

Fabio Pietrosanti lists at pietrosanti.it
Sun Apr 2 23:34:25 CEST 2006

Richard Bos wrote:
> Op zondag 2 april 2006 22:45, schreef Fabio Pietrosanti:
>
>>> ./bootstrap
>>> ./configure
>>> make
>>> make install
>>>

>> I was trying to describe on the wiki the procedure
>> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php?title=Kolab2_Beta_testing&action=edit
>>
>> but after the cvs checkout i cannot go on executing ./bootstrap . Cannot
>> find bootstrap script.
>>
>> Here the listing of directory server i found in CVS:
>> xxxxx:~/testing_kolab/server xyz$ ls
>> CVS                     imapd                   perl-kolab
>> Makefile                kolab                   perl-ldap
>> README.1st              kolab-horde-fbview      php
>> Smarty                  kolab-horde-framework   php-smarty
>> amavisd                 kolab-resource-handlers postfix
>> apache                  kolab-webadmin          proftpd
>> db                      kolabd                  release-notes.txt
>> dist_conf               monit                   sasl
>> doc                     obmtool                 stage
>> horde                   obmtool.conf            utilities
>> imap                    openldap
>>

> Yeezzzz, you checked our everything ....  The modules needed are at least:
> kolabd, kolab-webadmin, kolab-resource-handlers and perl-kolab.
>
> In your cd e.g. kolabd/kolabd and than run ./bootstrap etc

On kolabd i receive the following warning from automake:

xzp:/data/testing_kolab/server/kolabd/kolabd# ./bootstrap
automake: configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./missing'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./config.guess'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./config.sub'
Makefile.am:561: endif without if
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
Makefile.am:22: variable `KOLAB_SCRIPTS_FILES' not defined
Makefile.am:138: invalid variable `dist_kolabdoc_DATA'
Makefile.am:101: invalid variable `dist_ldapschema_DATA'
Makefile.am:38: invalid variable `dist_kolabconfig_DATA'
Makefile.am:125: invalid variable `dist_amavisdde_DATA'
Makefile.am:113: invalid variable `dist_amavisdus_DATA'
Makefile.am:162: variable `KOLABBIN_FILES' not defined
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Then i got this error from configure:
xzp:/data/testing_kolab/server/kolabd/kolabd# ./configure
./configure: line 1438: 1.7: command not found

on line 1438 of configure there is:
PACKAGE=gnu 1.7 dist-bzip2 no-dist-gzip$

then i got this error from make:
Makefile:1054: *** missing separator.  Stop.

on line 1054 of Makefile there is:
if ! OPENPKG

On debian unstable with gcc 4.0.3 and automake/autoconf 1.4

On kolab-webadmin bootstrap:
xzp:/data/testing_kolab/server/kolab-webadmin/kolab-webadmin# ./bootstrap
automake: configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./missing'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./config.guess'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./config.sub'
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
Makefile.am:183: invalid variable `dist_phplocalefr_DATA'
Makefile.am:189: invalid variable `dist_kwadoc_DATA'
Makefile.am:182: invalid variable `dist_phplocalede_DATA'
Makefile.am:186: invalid variable `dist_phplocalees_DATA'
Makefile.am:74: invalid variable `dist_wspics_DATA'
Makefile.am:184: invalid variable `dist_phplocalenl_DATA'
Makefile.am:15: invalid variable `dist_wstoplevel_DATA'
Makefile.am:185: invalid variable `dist_phplocaleit_DATA'

autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

I cannot go on, i was attempting to create this procedure but i'm doing
something wrong:

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Beta_testing