[Kolab-devel] [issue953] Store some email client folder settings on the server

Till Adam till at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Sep 30 20:48:24 CEST 2005

On Friday 30 September 2005 19:53, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Freitag 30 September 2005 13:58 schrieb Richard Bos:
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> > That's interesting indeed.  But in this it is (I assume) either stored in
> > rcfiles or the data is stored in the ldap server.  Is that correct?  Is
> > the patch already part of kde svn?  In what way could kolab use this
> > patch to store only some config values?
>
> I think we should consider to create yet another kolab annotation for
> clients so that the clients can store folder specific data there.
>
> This includes but is not limited to extra flags and threading etc.

For flags I can see the point, but threading? That's done from information
present in the message itself exclusively, so I don't see what
meta-information would be helpful for threading. Do you mean for caching
things like subject-threading relations, which are somewhat computationally
expensive because subject (hashes) need to be compared?

Till Adam -- till at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se, adam at kde.org