[Kolab-devel] The kolab-resource-handlers module

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Wed Sep 28 16:48:24 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 27. September 2005 23:41 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Op maandag 26 september 2005 15:52, schreef Bernhard Reiter:

> > It would be okay to consider fbview a module which some people would not
> > want to install, but I expect that some of the code is actually needed to
> > parse and handle iCalendar for resmgr and freebusy and we cannot go
> > without those. So first we would need to find out how to have the same
> > funcationality with less code.
>
> Does this need to wait till 3.0?

We probably cannot help it.
It would be a massive change that we should not risk for 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2
(in my opinion).

> I hope not, as the fbview is over 25M!
> Autoconfiscating 25M of code is not so easy is you can imagine.  Especially
> is one know that only a tiny part of the code is acutally for kolab (the
> rest for fbview).

I am not sure how much of the code is actually used for fbview only.
Some of it is used by freebusy and resmgr.
If you would want to autoconfiscate it I expect this not to be too difficult
as the structure of the code will be similiar.

> Can you add some target date(s) or something like that on this?

Not really.. :/

> Or a
> strategy to distract the code from fbview ....

First find out which code is used by resmgr and freebusy.
In a test installation you could search the files for includes
for dependencies and then verify the analyis by deleting the parts
that you think are fbview only.
This way it should get smaller.

Bernhard