[Kolab-devel] The kolab-resource-handlers module

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Mon Sep 26 15:52:48 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, 23. September 2005 21:22 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Is the kolab-resource-handlers module really needed to obtain a working
> kolab system?  I understand that the appointments can't be made on the
> right time without this module,

Resmgr and kolabfilter are responsible for handling invitations like for
resource planning. The freebusy scripts are necessary to get freebusy lists.

> but if the module is not there would kolab
> funtion as email server equipped with a spam and virus scanner?
> (I think it is possible,.....)

Yes, a Kolab Server could be made to work without this,
but it would not be a Kolab2 Server anymore.

> The kolab-resource-handlers module is big, that is mainly due to the fbview
> functionality (kolab-resource-handlers/fbview/fbview).  What would happen
> if only the kolab-resource-handlers/freebusy/ qnd
> kolab-resource-handlers/resmgr/ would autoconfiscated and the fbview not?
> Would that be a problem?  Is it possible to consider the fbview as a kolab
> module, like; kolabd or kolab-webadmin?

It would be okay to consider fbview a module which some people would not want
to install, but I expect that some of the code is actually needed to parse and
handle iCalendar for resmgr and freebusy and we cannot go without those.
So first we would need to find out how to have the same funcationality
with less code.

Bernhard