[Kolab-devel] The kolab-resource-handlers module

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 23 21:22:16 CEST 2005

As it looks like that the kolabd module has been succesfully autoconfiscated
(though testing is being performed), I would like to start t collect some
information about the kolab-resource-handlers module.

Is the kolab-resource-handlers module really needed to obtain a working kolab
system?  I understand that the appointments can't be made on the right time
without this module, but if the module is not there would kolab funtion as
email server equipped with a spam and virus scanner?
(I think it is possible,.....)

The kolab-resource-handlers module is big, that is mainly due to the fbview
functionality (kolab-resource-handlers/fbview/fbview).  What would happen if
only the kolab-resource-handlers/freebusy/ qnd
kolab-resource-handlers/resmgr/ would autoconfiscated and the fbview not?
Would that be a problem?  Is it possible to consider the fbview as a kolab
module, like; kolabd or kolab-webadmin?

Looking forward to your feedback on this.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless