[Kolab-devel] kolab web admin not creating cyrus accounts?? migration?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Mon Sep 19 09:25:14 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 7. September 2005 22:52 schrieb kbaker at missionvi.com:
> So I have cleanly installed Kolab...

... server. Which version?

> Now I can't seem to create any new mailbox accounts through the Kolab
> admin. It makes the ldap entry for the user but never makes the actual
> cyrus account, so I get "no INBOX" on successful logins.

It would be intersting to have the log entries of kolabd.
You can set loglevel to 100 in kolab.globals,
restart kolabd
and watch the _system_ log in /var/log something.
Try to run kolabconf manually once again.

> In addition I can't seem to make any new folders on accounts in cyrus. It
> is really strange.

What errors to you get?

> I am able to login successfully as kolab-r to the cyradm, so it doesn't
> eem to be a permissions thing.
>
> I'm about to rebootstrap and possibly reistinall kolab... but thought I'd
> see if anyone has any ideas before I do.
>
> Let me know if this is the correct list for this post.

Your question seems to be on the user level of a Kolab Server
(meaning you are an admin, not trying to help developing the server)
so the kolab-users list would be the best place to ask such questions.

Bernhard