Speed of Patch Takeup (was: [Kolab-devel] kolabd new build mechanism)

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 19 10:18:15 CEST 2005

Op maandag 19 september 2005 08:24, schreef Bernhard Reiter:
> > I hope you understand that it is frustrating to
> > wait more than 3 - 4 weeks before something is done with a patch :(
>
> yes I can understand that very well.
> We value your work and getting to grow together further as a community,
> requires us to know more about why and when things to not run smooth.
> I will give you a bit of my perspective in this email.

Bernard,

thanks for taking time to respond.  The problem isn't really the time it takes
to apply, but getting no or hardly any response at all is the problem (that
counts for every project, and I know projects much worse ones than kolab in
this respect).  It's all about communication,  it would have been good if one
of the core members would have responded on the patch with e.g. "that it may
take a month before something will be done with because Steffen is away for
time".  And than if possible 2 weeks later, repeat the message, and that the
patch is not forgotten.  If you're able to do that, it would be perfect (but
that will be very hard).

--
Richard