[Kolab-devel] Windows Clients

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Mon Sep 19 08:33:57 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 6. September 2005 09:58 schrieb Martin Konold:
> Am Montag 05 September 2005 15:12 schrieb Michael Harlaut:
> >  I agree that a native
> > "non-Outlook" software is an important step to make the switch easier.
>
> Within some months/years we will have KDE Kontact on Windows.

The Kolab-Konsortium would be very happy to have funding to progress
the ongoing development to have this faster and make sure that the Kolab
client funcationality is in best shape.

> > We are working a lot on this subject, as on PDA sync (Outlook-free too),
> > and it's not easy to find a perfect answer ...
>
> IMHO syncML is the answer. Sofar syncML is not part of the shipped Kolab
> server.

Just like the Horde client which runs on the server, it technically would be a
client code running on the server.  No problem with this, though I would
first have one of the existing clients on KDE work with mobile devices in a
satisfying way.

My understanding of syncML is limited, but I have yet to see a concept
that promisses to actually solve the principal problem.
Thus I expect syncML not to be a good remedy.

Bernhard