[Kolab-devel] [Kolab 2.1rc1] - Error & logs

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Sep 13 10:02:02 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 09:19, Sidoine Mosiah PIERREL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently "using" kolab 2.1rc1 (current from 01/09/05) and I
> found the following error:
>
> Sep 13 09:15:36 localhost /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_smtpdpolicy[28316]:
> LDAP Connection error during LOOKUPUID: Unexpected EOF. trying to
> reconnect

The kolab_smtpdpolicy deamon keeps an LDAP connection around to avoid
having to reconnect on every lookup. Every now and then the LDAP server
closes the connection when it has been idle for too long. This causes
an error (and subsequent reconnect) in kolab_smtpdpolicy.

So it should be harmless.

> (i686, Kubuntu 5.04 up to date, building by the sources)
>
> It doesn't block the system but it's regular. Also, the logs of the
> server are very poor (tail -f /var/log/mail.info for example) and I
> didn't see if there were another place for the logs (i.e.
> /kolab/var/log doesn't exist).
>
> Before seeking deeper, I would like your point of vue.

There is no unified log. Look for files ending in .log
in /kolab/var/{imapd,apache,resmgr,openldap,...}/

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se