[Kolab-devel] Windows Clients

Michael Harlaut m.harlaut at atolcd.com
Mon Sep 5 15:12:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

Hamish a écrit :

>Outlook price can be a show stopper though.

More than price, we have difficulties to "push" Kolab with some of our
customers, cause they do not use any MS-Office related softwares anymore
(including Outlook) and they need an alternative for calendars (it
concerns several thousand people).

We have some good results with Kontact in a NX environment, but this is
sometimes difficult to use when you use it in a Windows environment.
Fortunatly we switched some of our customers in a fully Linux desktop
environment, but it's not always possible. I agree that a native
"non-Outlook" software is an important step to make the switch easier.

We are working a lot on this subject, as on PDA sync (Outlook-free too),
and it's not easy to find a perfect answer ...

--

Michael HARLAUT

Atol Conseils et Développements
3 Bd Eiffel - 21600 Longvic