[Kolab-devel] kolab cyrus imap patch does not build

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 24 20:51:29 CEST 2005

Op maandag 24 oktober 2005 06:37, schreef Martin Konold:
> > Marcus and me, had quite a struggle to get this problem solved, but we
> > did!! It means that we are now able to build a suse cyrus-imapd rpm with
> > the kolab patches applied.
>
> Can you please try to also include your changes upstream via opensuse
> bugzilla?

Before, I do that I would to get a couple of explanations, related to ldap in
cyrus:

1) From the 2.0.1 kolab imapd spec file:
#   package options
%option       with_fsl      yes
%option       with_group    no
%option       with_atvdom   no
%option       with_drac     no
%option       with_annotate no
%option       with_ldap     no
%option       with_goodchars no

As you can see ldap is set to 'no', why is the kolab-ldap patch applied if
ldap is not enable in cyrus?

2) Now if we build cyrus on suse with ldap support, it fails because the
linker is not told to link the ldap lib.  Hence we need to patch configure to
to include -lldap....  I would expect something similar in the kolab
(openpkg) imapd spec file:

kolab-cyrus-imapd> grep ldap imapd.spec
%option       with_ldap     no
Patch3:       kolab-ldap.patch
%if "%{with_ldap}" == "yes"
BuildPreReq:  openldap >= 2.2.14
PreReq:       openldap >= 2.2.14
%if "%{with_ldap}" == "yes"

As you can see no reference to -lldap...

3) If we build with the kolab-ldap.patch on suse, the build in global.c or
imapd.c, because the imapoptions has changed and as such the imapopt.h is not
in sync.  For this reason the script:
./tools/config2header lib/imapopts.c lib/imapopts.h < lib/imapoptions
must be run, after patching.  This is not done i the imapd spec file.

Are the different findings above explanable?  I would think that building
(cyrus) imapd on suse or openpkg would be same..... clearly it isn't.  For
now our conclusion is: the cyrus rpm provided by kolab, does not have ldap
support build in.  Is that as desired?  Or do we make a mistake somewhere???

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless