Fwd: Re: [Kolab-devel] The kolab-resource-handlers module

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Oct 21 22:58:38 CEST 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 14:15, radoeka wrote:
> Steffen,
>
> great to have your feedback here!
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 12:16:30PM +0200, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > Thanks for your investigations. 45 edited files since the import
> > would be the correct statement. The initially imported code is what
> > I got from CodeFusion long ago. It was already edited compared to
> > the Horde mainline files. I have no idea how many files had been
> > touched at that time.
>
> Oefff :(  Any idea of the version that was used to fork?  If we know
> that we can hopefully determine, all changes.  Although that is not
> too important for the porting effort.

No idea unfortunately.

> For now and for the kolab porting purpose I don't want to remove the
> files from the (kolab) project.  I only want to have them moved
> (horde related files) to their own module.
>
> > > One remark: at this moment there are I think 2 horde related top
> > > directories (modules) in cvs, being horde and
> > > kolab-horde-framework. With my proposal(s) above their would be
> > > even more (kronolith, turba, etc).  Would it be possible to clean
> > > up the horde directory (which is not used I assume (at least it
> > > has not been altered in the last 2 years)).  Move the

Ah! I see. I've never really noticed that horde directory and I don't
know the purpose of it. It seems to be Stuart's turf.

Stuart: Is that directory obsolete and merged into the Horde CVS?

> > So you think we should aim for 2 or 3 packages?
> >
> > kolab-horde-framework: Horde "library classes"
> > kolab-fbview-whatever: FBView and possibly other Horde apps
> > kolab-resource-handlers: Mail filter scripts and freebusy scripts
> >
> > or are you thinking about putting the horde frameswork and fbview
> > into the same pacakge?
>
> No, if possible (technically it is) I would like to see the files
> owned by the kolab project seperate from the horde related files.
>
> Something like:
> horde(*)/framework
> horde/kronolith
> horde/turba
> horde/other
>
> (*) whatever name (perhaps kolab-horde?).
>
> kolab-resource-handlers/fbview (**)
> kolab-resource-handlers/{freebusy,resmgr}
>
> (**) The fbview directory would contain:
> > kronolith/attendeescommon.php
> > kronolith/attendeeshandler.php
> > kronolith/config/.cvsignore
> > kronolith/config/conf.php
> > kronolith/config/html.php
> > kronolith/config/prefs.php
> > kronolith/lib/FBView/day.php
> > kronolith/lib/FBView/month.php
> > kronolith/lib/FBView/week.php
> > kronolith/lib/FBView/workweek.php
> > kronolith/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/kronolith.mo
> > kronolith/po/de_DE.po
> > kronolith/po/kronolith.pot
> > kronolith/savedattlist.php
> > kronolith/templates/attendees/attendees.inc
> > kronolith/templates/fbview/busyblock.tpl
> > kronolith/templates/weekView/linesblock.tpl
>
> (perhaps some other files are to be included and others
> are to be excluded).  But this is the idea

Ok, the fbview stuff for Kolab looks like it's a modified version of
Kronolith, so it's definitely Kolab specific. I think we should
organize the packages in two parts: 1) what is "pure" horde with stuff
than be merged back into the horde CVS and 2) what is Kolab stuff.

Depending on what Stuart says about the horde dir in CVS we might create
subdirs for framework, kronolith, ... in that. I still think it's maybe
a good idea to have the framework as a completely separate RPM though
so you don't need to install additional Horde apps to use basic Kolab
functionality.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se