[Kolab-devel] Get something out of Exchange via LDAP?

Fabio Pietrosanti lists at pietrosanti.it
Thu Oct 20 17:31:00 CEST 2005

Bernhard Reiter ha scritto:

>Once I had a few minutes to try read the ldap information that exchange
>would provide. Attached is a dirty script that I could use to see something.
>WARNING! I did not give this any research nor thought
>and cannot say if this is the right approach or completey bogus.

Let's work togheter on that subject.
During this month i'll have to migrate several tousand of users from an
exchange installation to Kolab.
Fortunatelly the domain is "plain" and not structured.

If you could provide a test installation of an exchange server i can
work on the migration scripts.
I think that there are serious trouble regarding the way active
directory password's hash (NTLMv1 and NTLMv2).
An interesting feature of cyrus sasl is the support of NTLM.
Which kolab migration scenario could we immagine?

http://www.asyd.net/docs/cyrus-options.html
ntlm_server 	NTLM (server) 	Name of server (WinNT, Win2K, Samba, etc) to
which authentication will be proxied. 	(null) - perform authentication
internally
ntlm_v2 	NTLM (client) 	Send NTLMv2 responses to the server. 	no (send
NTLMv1)

Fabio