[Kolab-devel] Howto setup kolab, 2machines split users, reversdns?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Thu Oct 13 18:56:51 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 10. Oktober 2005 21:13 schrieb kbaker at missionvi.com:
> We are running Kolab with 350 mailboxes. We want to split the users onto 2
> Kolab machines, segmenting the users with the "Mailbox Home Server"
> property.
>
> So I have some questions for anyone who has attempted this:
>
> - What is the best way to move users from one machine to the other? We have
> used imapsync in the past.

There are some hints in:
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/raw-howtos/moving-mailboxes.txt

> - More importantly how do I setup reverse DNS for mail? Basically I will
> have mail1.domain.com and mail2.domain.com. Basically we have had issues
> with being blocked by Yahoo do to reverse dns config in the past. This was
> due to an imporper config. I don't know how to proceed with reverse if we
> are potentially sending through two machines.

I take it that you will keep "domain.com" as common email domain for your
users, then you only have two machines that can send out emails.
It would be fine to keep accept emails with only one machine.
Otherwise your provider should be able to help you with the DNS setup
and the necessary setups to have two sending email servers.

Bernhard