[Kolab-devel] kolab_bootstrap -b fails on Solaris 8 Sparc

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Sun Oct 2 16:50:10 CEST 2005

Hi Andrea,

Am Dienstag, 27. September 2005 21:40 schrieb soliva at comcept.ch:
> The problem seems to me that some commands are not really recognized on
> Solaris 8 like ps -v does not exist and has to be changed to ps -elf which
> works.

ah, I found the problem with this one.
Below the non-posix command call is "ps aux" which you need to replace
with "ps -elf". You have replaced the command line arguments of "grep",
but "grep -v" is okay with posix.

> - In the file kolab_bootstrap there is defined ps -v.
> On Solaris this does not exists it means we have to change this to ps -elf
>
> vi /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap
>
> --------------- /kolabtmp/obmtoo.conf ---------------

>    382        if( `ps aux|grep slurpd|grep -elf grep` ) {

the call inside needs to be
                           ps -elf|grep slurpd|grep -v grep

>    637    if( `ps aux|grep slurpd|grep -elf grep` ) {
                           ps -elf|grep slurpd|grep -v grep

see the diff
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/kolabd/kolabd/kolab_bootstrap.in.diff?r1=1.2&r2=1.3
So this change will be in the next 2.1. Kolab Server release.

Best,
Bernhard