[Kolab-devel] [issue1007] kolab-webadmin autoconfiscation patch

Richard Bos kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Nov 25 21:39:45 CET 2005

New submission from Richard Bos <radoeka at xs4all.nl>:

As announced a week ago, hereby my next patch.

Op dinsdag 15 november 2005 22:38, schreef Richard Bos:
> Can this patch be committed to cvs please.  I have another patch (see
> below) that depends on on the one mentioned above!  The new patch is for
> kolab-webadmin and it needs a updated kolabd/dist_conf directory.  It means
> that I can only create the correct diff against cvs if the one above has
> been applied.
>
> The new patch is attached, so you can review it already but it is not
> complete as it need kolabd updates too!
>

> 2005-11-15 Richard
>         * bootstrap: copy the dist_conf file from kolabd instead of
>           perl-kolab
>         * configure.ac: removed the options: --enable-wsdocrootdir,
>           --phpdir and pkgdocdir.  These are all defined in the
>           kolab/dist_conf files
>           Added $srcdir to the distribution lines

The changes to kolabd are needed as kolabd provides the dist_conf/kolab
variable definition file, that is being included by kolab-webadmin.

The kolabd changelog:

+2005-11-22 Richard Bos <richard at radoeka.nl>
+       * dist_conf/common: Added phplibdir2 to the sed command
+       * dist_conf/kolab: use the variable kolabstatedir in the
+         assignments of kolab_logdir, kolab_pidfile and kolab_mailboxuiddb
+         Added phplibdir2 definition
+         Removed the variable definition of webadmindir as it is not used
+         anywhere and the correct variable for it is kolab_statedir.

The changes to kolab-webadmin are needed,
- to make it finish during the make install and make distcheck commands.
- to use the common build and variable definition files from kolabd
- to align with the variable definition file from kolabd
- to better reflect what the variables are used for.

The kolab-webadmin changelog:

+       * bootstrap: copy the dist_conf file from kolabd instead of
+         perl-kolab

This is needed as the perl-kolab/dist_conf is just out of date.  Indeed this
will be handled in the next patch...

+       * configure.ac: removed the options: --enable-wsdocrootdir,
+         --phpdir and pkgdocdir.  These are all defined in the
+         kolab/dist_conf files
+         Added $srcdir to the distribution assignments
+       * Makefile.am: replaced do_subst by @common@ (include the dist_conf
+         file), reflected this change in configure.ac as well
+         Replaced wsdocrootdir by webserver_document_root
+         Renamed wsadmin... to the more appropriate name wskolab...
+         Replaced phpdir by phplibdir2

phpdir was only known within kolab-webadmin, while the directory is used
throughout all kolab modules.

+         Renamed phpadmin... to the more appropriate name phpkolab
+         Added prefix dist_ to dist_phplocaleXX_DATA variables so
+         make distcheck completes
+         Removed test -z "$(webserver_usr)" || chown $(webserver_usr)
+         so make distcheck completes.  This should be handled by rpm or
+         an external script.  In case an rpm is build it is very likely
+         that the user used in chown is not present.
+       * php/admin/include/config.php.in: changed phpdir to phplibdir2

The patches result in a zero diff when the 'make install' results are compared
before and after the patches.  The kolab-webadmin is a little difficult to
test as it depends on a patched kolabd.

Let me express my wish that the patches are committed 10x faster than the my
previous patch (would be 1 day ;)  As said above, more patches are in the
queu....

assignedto: steffen
files: kolabd.patch.bz2
messages: 5926
nosy: rbos, steffen
status: unread
title: kolab-webadmin autoconfiscation patch