[Kolab-devel] if i want kolab to do lmtp delivery to a different host

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri May 27 10:47:51 CEST 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 00:24, Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:
> Does i have to modify this script?
> /kolab/var/kolab/php/kolabfilter/kolabmailtransport.php

> What's about setting the $host variable in kolab.globals to allow the
> decision of which LMTP server should be used to the sysadmin?
> In this way we could have a separated cyrus lmtp server(even behind a
> cyrus murder).
> I think however that there are others configurations that need to be
> modified to "split" the backend.

Probably, it would be nice to have patches
that we can put in a development tree once we got 2.0 released?
Maybe filing a wish and then start attaching patches to it is the
best way to start.

> There are some uml diagrams to show the flow of email inside kolab?

No, as far as I know.
It would be useful to have diagrams, though I am not sure that UML
is the right standard for making them.

> Resuming the process of email delivery:
> client->postfix(smtpd:25) -> content-filter(smtp-amavis:10024) ->
> postfix(smtpd:10025->content-filter:/kolab/etc/resmgr/kolabfilter.php)
> ->
> postfix(smtpd:10026->mailbox_transport:/kolab/etc/resmgr/kolabmailboxfilter
>.php)-> cyrus(lmtpd:2003)-> bdb cyrus mailbox storage
>
> Is this process right?

It sounds right to me, but the source is authoritative.
Bernhard