[Kolab-devel] OpenLDAP build problem

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed May 25 23:25:33 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005 13:48 schrieb Steffen Hansen:

Hi Steffen,

> > Can you force static linking of libdb?  Perhaps by directly giving
> > /kolab/lib/libdb.a as a linker option?
>
> Yes, that also works -- and is probably a better solution.
>
> I wonder how many of the reported LDAP problems are because of something
> like this. Having full control over which versions of which libraries
> are in use is a strong point of OpenPKG, so it really bothers me when
> we can't count on it...

I very much share your feelings in this regards. The stupid thing about the
OpenPKG static linking approach is that it is so hard to figure out later
which libraries actually got really linked into the resulting binary.

I therefore hope that OpenPKG finally changes their mind with regards to how
to deal with libraries.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany