[Kolab-devel] Cyrus Murder and kolab

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon May 16 14:22:58 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 16. Mai 2005 12:55 schrieb christophe robert:

Hi,

> How many users i could  to put in one server  ( with kolab ) and when i
> must to install a design like murder ..
>
> for example :
> If i have around 5000 or 10000  users and  90000 mails  by day ,   is
> it  serious with kolab to have a centralized server .

90000 mails per day is about between 10 and 200 mails per minute.

A single Kolab server should be able to handle this load without problems
though I highly recommend to offload the virus and spam scanning to a
separate machine.

In case you need more performance (e.g. many concurrent users using Kolab
simultaneously) I recommend to use the Kolab multi-location support.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany