[Kolab-devel] Re: Certificate

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Mon May 16 13:50:26 CEST 2005

Hi,
> up until now I have always taken the lazy way out with kontact, and just click
> "forever" and been done with it, but there must be a way a proper way.
I think that the different apps handle certs in a bit different ways,
but the main repository in Linux is /etc/ssl/certs. So the first start
is to copy the ca-cert to this directory and (crucial!) run c_rehash.

I haven't looked at if Kolab has a gui for Certificates, but if not,
Tinyca is a simple application to use.

Unfortunatly KDE and other frameworks (windows f.x.) uses different ways
to handle certs so you might have to add the cert many places. Maybe a
script to add the cert where needed would be a good idea?

Tarjei