[Kolab-devel] Cyrus and other process monitoring

Fabio Pietrosanti lists at pietrosanti.it
Sat May 14 19:08:59 CEST 2005

Hi all,

i'm thinking that would be an interesting feature of Kolab to support
nativelly good monitoring capabilities trough snmp.

The snmp daemon could monitor a lot of activity of the server:
- process availability
- bandwith usage
- memory usage
- disk space usage
- disk io activity

Also the cyrus server support directly snmp for advanced monitoring
capabilities.

I compiled cyrus getting the snmp and snmpx package from openpkg
environment along with the mrtg package.

So we would add 3 package, snmp, snmpx, mrtg to support directly good
monitoring capabilities.
Then via web could be possible to do everything, from issuing GetRequest
of specific OID to monitor different aspects and create graphs to creare
OID to start command via SetRequest (ie start/stop of a service).

I would like to integrate snmp daemon and mrtg and i would be glad to
integrate it creating the configuration files and documenting it.