[Kolab-devel] Cyrus Murder and kolab

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri May 13 03:42:41 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2005 08:43 schrieb Michael Harlaut:

Hi Michael,

> >IMHO the kolab multi-location support provides the same while allowing to
> >fully control which server is used for a specific user.
>
> Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't see how the kolab multi-location function
> can help in providing a failover capability.

Cyrus murder does also not provied any failover capability beyond what kolab
multi-location offers.

> LDAP and configuration files are well replicated, but the mailboxes
> content are not.

No, mailbox contents are intentionally not replicated as this would hurt
network performance in most cases.

High availability is imho best achieved using a shared storage cluster based
on something like Heartbeat.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany