[Kolab-devel] saslauthd: Domain/Realm not available

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Thu Mar 31 18:43:12 CEST 2005

Hamish <lists at subvs.co.uk> writes:

> On Sunday 06 March 2005 15:50, Sönke Ebert wrote:
>> But I still have the perl message every ten minutes saying 'No worthy mechs
>> found' and saslauthd.log says it can't contact ldap server.
>>
>> Message:
>> <error> saslauthd[36527]: user ldap_search_st() failed: Can't contact LDAP
>> server
>> <info> saslauthd[36522]: Retrying authentication
>>
>> Then after ten minutes the same again.
>>
>> I can't really see any errors in openldap.log. It is running log level 256.
>
> I am getting the same symptoms, with kolab 2 beta 4 running on SuSE 9.2, is
> this a known issue?

The 'No worthy mechs found' part is fixed in CVS and will be in the next
release.  See https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue647 for more.

The messages in saslauthd.log might be related to that.  I'm getting
them as well.  It's probably quite harmless, since kolab is working
fine.  I don't know whether it might be related to issue647.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                           http://skencil.org/