[Kolab-devel] [issue689] Kolab2 slapd hangs under high loads

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Thu Mar 17 09:05:07 CET 2005

On Thu March 17 2005 07:40, Stephan Buys wrote:
> New submission from Stephan Buys <s.buys at codefusion.co.za>:
>
> Under extreme loads slapd just hangs on Kolab2. The sideeffects can be seen
> acutely in /kolab/var/imapd/log/pop3d.log. You will see the server
> accepting connections but never allow any logins. The Web Interface will
> hang, etc.
>
> Extreme loads mean loads of > 4 (like viewed in top and uptime)

COOOOOOOOL the same tuning fixes our problem where master and slave are
seperated by extremely slow connections, we have a test setup with a master
in northern europe and two slaves in China and Taiwan connected using VPN,
where the far east connections speeds are 64k or less.

Before we would see the webinterface hang just like described and also the
LDAP processes would behave irratically.

rgds

Matt

--
Matt Douhan