[Kolab-devel] Cyrus squatter on by default?

Zachariah Mully zmully-kolab at smartbrief.com
Wed Mar 16 23:14:21 CET 2005

Hey all-
	I've been looking over the cyrus configs and I was wondering if there
was good reason for not enabling a periodic run of "squatter" to index
the mailboxes. I can't tell if squat helps with Horde loading calendars,
but with very large inboxes (I've a couple here near 4.5 GB) it's a
godsend. Is it flaky? Or bad practice?

I've done the following, FWIW:
added to cyrus.conf.template:
EVENTS {
	squat	cmd="squatter" period=1440
}

And on all mailboxes on the system, through cyradm:
mail:/kolab/etc/kolab/templates# /kolab/bin/cyradm -user manager
localhost
IMAP Password:
mail> mboxcfg user/*@smartbrief.com squat true

Thanks,

P.S. Where the hell does OpenPKG put the man pages for everything?