[Kolab-devel] Kolab administrative web interface: why not using horde?

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Fri Mar 4 10:17:59 CET 2005

> Horde is the webgui of kolab and the dev effort for the "web" component
> will be done on horde.

Hi Fabio,

while it's good news to hear about the ongoing development in Horde, IMO
Horde isn't there where it works reliable.

I think Matt has given a fairly good estimation of the current situation:
What is needed at most is stability for the access from Horde to a Kolab
server. The next step might be to abandone the need of a MySQL
installation when running Horde with Kolab. Then multi-domain support
might be of interest.

The existing Kolab web admin frontend does it's job. It does it quite well
actually. So there is no need to replace it. Even if Horde might be equal
or better in admin functionality one day, I think it wouldn't be wise to
throw away the existing solution. Sometimes you simply don't want to
install Horde but go with the Kolab package alone.

So let's see how Horde will evolve as a Kolab client. Perhaps time will
come when the question should be asked again.

Best regards,
Andreas

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail