[Kolab-devel] saslauthd: Domain/Realm not available

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 1 21:17:57 CET 2005

First accompain your report with information about:
Which Kolab Server version are you installing and
on which host operating system?

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 20:27, Sönke Ebert wrote:
> I am having a problem with setting up the kolab server properly (or to get
> it running):
>
> The errors I am getting are the same that Michael Holcomb posted recently.
>
> I am getting these ‘No worthy mechs found’ by perl as well.

This was a while ago I think, but it might be related to the ldap problem below.

> Also my saslauthd.log says Domain/Relam not available. Then it says: ‘user
> ldap_search_st() failed: Can’t contact LDAP server’
>

> Did I miss anything? Where do I configure this Domain or Realm?

Hard to say. What you can do are some standard debugging steps:
- Check if all the processes are running for slapd, if not try to restart them.
- Try telnet to the openldap port on localhost 389 to see if a firewall is blocking you.
- check all openldap logs in detail.
- start slapd manually with debugging mode.