[Kolab-devel] Roadmap Planning

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 28 23:01:22 CEST 2005

Op dinsdag 28 juni 2005 21:22, schreef Daniel Molkentin:
> I'll list the most frequent features people asked for (in no particular
> order):
>
> - Multidomain handling

Multidomain is I think important, e.g. for (small) schools so they share 1
server with multiple schools (small businesses).

> - (Optional) independence of OpenPKG: Someone said he was working on Debian
> packages, etc, what's the status?

That is on going.  At them moment perl-kolab is being finalized.  But this is
not Debian specific!  This port makes it possible to built perl-kolab on any
distribution (at least the more known ones ;)

For this to be complete, I think that the cyrus patches should be committed
upstream.  I know that this is being tried and worked on, but no progress
sofar.  Perhaps code should be added to kolab instead of upstream?
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab-major-app-patches#imapd

If possible use apache2 iso apache1, as the distributions around openpkg are
mostly equipped with apache2.  This would make the integration into other
distributions easier I think.

--
Richard