[Kolab-devel] Roadmap Planning

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Tue Jun 28 21:22:45 CEST 2005

Hi Kolab Lovers,

I returned from LinuxTag, spending quite some time to talk with people about
Kolab and a lot of people there asked for a roadmap on what will happen
beyond 2.0. So I want to ask everyone of you: What features do you want to
see and, more important, which ones would you commit to?
Also: do you have a "pet feature" under the hood that would be worth becoming
part of the next release?

I'll list the most frequent features people asked for (in no particular
order):

- Web Interface (coming with Horde, maybe announce along with a new release)
- Multidomain handling
- (Optional) independence of OpenPKG: Someone said he was working on Debian
packages, etc, what's the status?
- Better integration with existing LDAP directories
- Project Management (more a client matter imho)

Please comment on the above ones so we can create a plan on how to proceed.

Cheers,
  Daniel