[Kolab-devel] kolab2 dependencies/integration

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jun 21 22:21:26 CEST 2005

Hi Richard,

> perl-kolab has been ported, the only thing needed is to make a gentoo specific
> file in the directory dist_conf....  (see other email in this discussion).
> kolabd is being ported by Marcus, well he just started so not much is
> available.

The autoperl code that has been added to perl-kolab is already quite
useful. If I did get it right it is not yet in the current release of
Kolab, correct? I used it for the Gentoo package anyhow since it makes
the installation easier. There are still some typos in the code and I
think the Conf.pm code needs to be changed to retrieve its path
information from the dist_conf files. Still have to send my patches to
the mailing list.

> Hopefully you can join the people currently looking into porting kolab in a
> general and not specific for 1 distro?

Yes, I certainly spotted a few things that could help in making the
conversion easier. I will have to get the basic version for Gentoo
running and once it runs stable it would be nice to exchange all the
path patches I added now by a more generic system.

Regards,

Gunnar