[Kolab-devel] kolab2 dependencies/integration

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 21 21:52:30 CEST 2005

Op dinsdag 21 juni 2005 21:36, schreef Corey:
> Excellent!   Yes, I would very much like to help - I think that it will be
> help kolab to become more widespread in the long run if this option was
> made available.
>
> I'll look at more of the information provided in that wiki page ( the kolab
> compile options and patches was exactly the sort of thing I was looking
> for ), and make an account as well.  Is the wiki where all the discussion
> is taking place, or is this mailing list the place to discuss?

Depends a bit.  Information about distributions is put in the wiki.
The porting development work is not really discussed.  There are some offline
email exchanges.

For now 2 modules have been ported and it should be possible to have them
compile and run fine on other distributions, these are kolab-webadmin and
perl-kolab.  I don't the exact status of the latter, it should be in cvs now,
but whether it is in head or a branch I don't know...  Two modules are still
to be ported, these are kolabd and kolab-resource-handlers?   The latter is
mostly php, devided over 3
directories:
kolab-resource-handlers/freebusy/
kolab-resource-handlers/resmgr/
The 2 above  are of reasonable size.  The following is just big:
kolab-resource-handlers/fbview/fbview

The other module to be done is kolabd.  Marcus volunteered to work on this,
but that does not exclude anybody else to work on it, but that of course
needs cooperation.  The kolabd module is a challenge because it will probably
rely on distribution specific scripts and such.  Benoit and Timo expressed
interest to have a look at kolab-resource-handlers.

A good start might be to create a distribution specific file in the dist_conf
directory.  This will be the common admin file, that hold the distribution
specific information:
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/dist_conf/

(hmm, perhaps somebody can put this on the wiki....)

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless