[Kolab-devel] Re: Problem with imap folders and Horde

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jun 15 10:26:59 CEST 2005

Zitat von Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 21:17, Martin Konold wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 20:45 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
>
>> > this sounds like you intend to write into the ldap.
>> Which is as such no problem.
>
> I fears are about this special application
> saving session details of Horde into ldap variables
> on a regular basis.

The DataTree library, which Stuart will be writing the LDAP driver for,
is Horde's storage for any kind of hierarchical data. If using Horde as
a Kolab frontend this will basically be permissions. Additionally we
story history information in there that is necessary for
synchronization and keeping track of email replies and forwards.
All these are of the write-once-read-many nature and thus well suited
for LDAP.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/