[Kolab-devel] [issue801] ldap mail: and alias: must be lower case

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Jun 14 12:57:39 CEST 2005

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Just debugged a problem
where another ldap tool was used which also wrote upper case letters
into the mail: and alias: attributes.

This lead to problems:
a) mail did not get delivered, error message somethink like:
Failed to set recipient: Invalid response from server, code 550.
(This is a typical response if the user does not exist).

b) Setting a maildelivery via sieve failed with:
Not currently in TRANSACTION state
(also typical when the user does not exist).

The problem is hard to diagnose as this requirement is not documented
in kolab2.schema. We should document it there.
(I would have added a phrase, but I want your confirmation).

Even better would be if we would not have that requirement,
e.g. the all componentes would do a lower case on the ldap request.
However this is beyond the scope of this issue,
here I only want to know if Martin and Steffen agree that this would
be the right design.

assignedto: martin
messages: 4904
nosy: bernhard, bh, martin, steffen
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: ldap mail: and alias: must be lower case
topic: concept, kkc, server