[Kolab-devel] [issue182] Decoupling the Kolab server object from fixed LDAP location

Stephan Buys kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Jun 7 10:08:46 CEST 2005

Stephan Buys <s.buys at codefusion.co.za> added the comment:

This is a feature that we kept in mind when we started the kolabd and
perl-kolab project. It's untested but at least for the daemon (not the
web-interface) you should be able to relocate a kolab object to any object
with the :

kolab_dn : k=kolan,dc=mydomain,dc=invalid

directive in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf

You can see the possible configuration settings by running:

kolabconf -d

Here are some of the config settings relating to users:

user_field_deleted : kolabdeleteflag
user_field_guid : entryUUID
user_field_modified : modifytimestamp
user_field_quota : cyrus-userquota
user_ldap_ip : 127.0.0.1
user_ldap_port : 389
user_ldap_uri : ldap://127.0.0.1:389
user_object_class : inetOrgPerson

Yet again, should work - but might be largely untested.

I like the idea of having multiple possible kolab server objects. User dn's
should not be necesarry. Criteria for a user should just be an object
(anywhere in the tree) with the correct attributes in LDAP configured (like
homeServer, mail, kolabInetOrgPerson)

nosy: +stephanb
status: unread -> chatting