[Kolab-devel] drawbacks if kolabmailboxfilter.php is removed

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Jun 6 13:48:59 CEST 2005

On Sunday 05 June 2005 14:45, Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:
> Fabio Pietrosanti ha scritto:
> >In such situation, would be possible to move the
> > kolabmailboxfilter.php functionality inside kolabmailfilter.php?
>
> Sorry for the typo, kolabmailfilter.php functionality inside
> kolabfilter.php .

Actually we had it like this (only one filter -- kolabfilter.php) until
some time ago. Problem was that automatic invitation handling (the iCal
stuff in the filter) really has to be performed at just before delivery
and the other things (like verifying To headers and dealing with
Outlook problems etc.) have to be performed before that. So the only
solution was to split the filter in two.

If this OpenPEC can accept mail through LMTP, why can't it be placed
between kolabmailboxfilter and Cyrus' lmtpd?

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se