[Kolab-devel] Re: OpenLDAP performance issues

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Mon Jun 6 08:25:46 CEST 2005

Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de> writes:

> Am Samstag, 4. Juni 2005 18:54 schrieb Dieter Kluenter:
>
> Hi Dieter,
>
>> > Sorry, this URL only described  the C-API but not to the syntax of the
>> > DB_CONFIG configuration file.
>>
>> OK, than start from here
>> http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/env/intro.html
>
> Hmm, call be stupid but this URL is still only referencing the C-API but not
> the DB_CONFIG syntax.

The second part of the tabular, 'Environment Configuration', omit
'DB_ENV'

>> Where ever possible, try to declare the appropriate subtree as search
>> base, i.e. cn=internal,dc=myDomain,dc=tld if applicable.
>
> I agree with this but currently don't see where we could make use of this.

ldapdistlist is seraching for the kolabGroupOfnames object class and
the member attribute value. It I understand the Kolab design
correctly, this groups will only be found under the cn=internal
subtree.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung