[Kolab-devel] Re: Proposal: Encourage downloading kolab from mirrors in a nicer way

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Jun 1 10:18:45 CEST 2005

* Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de> [20050601 10:11]:
> * Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> [20050601 09:11]:
> > Happened to talk to Martin on the phone for a few minutes.
> >
> > He proposes to have our server be master.kolab.org
> > (keep rsync.kolab.org) and to have ftp.kolab.org point
> > to a mirror which usually is up to date.
>
> Of course we thought about this solution, too, but:
>
> 1. This will put the load on one mirror instead of many.

On a second thought, we could combine the download.kolab.org idea
with a single mirror being reachable as ftp.kolab.org.

ftp.kolab.org will be used in obmtool.conf (until it supports
fetching a mirror list or something), and download.kolab.org (or
kolab.org/download/) can be used everywhere else (annoucements,
links etc.) to spread the load over all mirrors.

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/