[Kolab-devel] Kolab: Cyrus replication HA option

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Fri Jul 22 21:48:30 CEST 2005

On Friday 22 July 2005 18.02, Kevin Baker wrote:
> I have also heard specifically NOT to use external storage
> such as NAS SAN with Cyrus... I'm assuming that this is
> what he was referring to.

This makes no sense, why would curys care if one is using a SAN? or a proper
NAS, the NAS I can maybe possibly understand in case of old poor crap boxen,
but even that is a longshot, but for new iSCSI stuff there is no way it could
matter really, and in the case of SAN that is of course supported, if not
cyrus would be the crappiest IMAP server out there wich is not the case.

> NAS/SAN does seem to be ok to use with imap servers like
> courier.

See above

--
Matt Douhan