[Kolab-devel] Kolab: Cyrus replication HA option

Kevin Baker kbaker at missionvi.com
Thu Jul 21 22:16:14 CEST 2005

> Matt Douhan ha scritto:
>
>>A lot easier then messing with IMAP things, but the lag
>> is as large as the
>>synch time between hosts.
>>

> For the project i'm following we will attempt to setup a
> mailbackend
> with Network RAID-1 with Linux DRBD with all the Kolab
> installation on
> the NET RAID1.
> Integration with heartbeat will provide hot standby
> functionality.

This was my original hope. I wasn't able to make DRBD
work, and have some limitations. I am hoping to get a
solution that will work with managed hosting servers, we
are using serverbeach. Unfortunately in this case we will
have no private network or serial connected servers plus
no fiber or 1000MB net connection. This means poor syncing
performance. However it would be great to try it as I have
not seen anything saying it can not be done. Poor
performance in this cause would be better than a 20 minute
lag time on constant backup/rsync/restore.

> It should work, if it will i will provide the
> documentation needed to do
> this kind of intstallation on the list.
I'd love to see what you come up with. Please post to the
list. It would be good for us to start a section of the
Kolab wiki devoted to just this. Low cost hot backup/spare
server for failover.