[Kolab-devel] Testing

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Thu Jul 7 17:49:22 CEST 2005

Any suggestions on how we can distinguish distribution lists
(objectClass=kolabGroupOfNames) and public folders
(objectClass=kolabSharedFolder) for different domains?

For distribution lists I've put the complete email address in the CN and
not only the user-part of the email addr. like we had it before. So now
it's cn=mylist at some-domain.tld,dc=some-other,dc=domain,dc=tld.

For dist. lists it doesn't matter much since it's really the mail
attribute that's used (CN is only used in the DN and not anywhere
else).

But for public folders it's different. The current logic in kolabd will
convert

cn=myfolder,dc=domain,dc=tld to shared.myfolder at domain.tld. So what do
we do? Ignore the dc-parts and assume that admins will convert any
existing kolabSharedFolder objects to have cn=myfolder at domain.tld or do
you have any better ideas (that don't involve per-domain subtrees) ?

thanks
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se