[Kolab-devel] Testing

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Jul 7 07:33:32 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2005 14:18 schrieb Matt Douhan:

> > I wonder if anyone here is interested in testing this. Should I make
> > packages to crash'n'burn test?
>
> ohhh yesss please, my test servers are ready, willing and able.

Yes, of course. Release early and often ;-)

> > 1) Should domain-maintainers have any kind of write-access to the global
> > addressbook (the cn=external,... subtree) ?
>
> IMO no

Of course not. At some point we might even consider a separate group
membership in order to be able to write to the global addressbook.

But I can imagine that we will in the future have "per domain" LDAP
addressbooks. The users then can decide which addressbooks to subscribe. In
order to make this easy a hierarchical structure is useful.

> > 2) Should domain-maintainers have any kind of write-access to internal
> > accounts and hidden distribution lists (the cn=internal,... subtree) ?
>
> only in their own domain

Yes.

> > 3) What should domain-maintainers be allowed to put in the
> > alias-attribute for an account? Only email addresses from within his
> > domains?

In order to keep things simple a domain-maintainer may only add aliases which
are pointing at domains he is responsible for. Please note that I explicitly
allowed a maintainer to be responsible for multiple domains. This is best
handled with LDAP groups.

Regards,
-- martin

--
   Groupware Challenge 13. Juli 2005
   Drei Konzepte - Drei Systeme - Eine Veranstaltung